We are glad you’re interested in job opportunities at MVS. Our mission is to challenge young people of promise to become self-sustaining learners and compassionate global citizens. Instructions for applying for specific positions are included. We look forward to reviewing your application.
- Substitute Teacher for Grades EC-12
- Long Term Substitute Middle School Math Teacher
- The Miami Valley School Special Events Coordinator
- Part Time Faculty Soin Early Childhood School
The Miami Valley School is seeking substitute teachers for early childhood through twelfth grade. The candidates should have degrees or expertise in their field in addition to processing a passion for working with students in an independent school setting. Instructors at The Miami Valley School employ a variety of different teaching techniques to meet the needs of a diverse community.
Interested candidates should submit a completed MVS Employment Application including cover letter, resume, and philosophy of education to:
The Office of the Head of School
The Miami Valley School
5151 Denise Drive
Dayton, Ohio 45429
(937) 434-1033 (fax)
The Miami Valley School is seeking an experienced middle school math teacher for a long-term substitute teaching position. This position will be opening in early September 2017 and will continue through Thanksgiving. Candidates must possess a BA/BS and a passion for working with students at the middle school level in an independent school setting.
The Special Events Coordinator reports to the Director of Development and Alumni Relations. This position supports all areas of the Development Office, as instructed by the Director of Development, with a specific emphasis on The Miami Valley School’s Annual Auction, Homecoming Weekend, Golf Outing and other stewardship and cultivation events. This is a full-time, year-round position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Education and experience working with ages three - five years old.
- Should be knowledgeable about Waldorf, Montessori and Reggio philosophies and want to be part of a dynamic teaching team. Potential for additional hours with substitute teaching.