- What is the difference between a homeroom in lower school and an advisor in middle school?
- What are the requirements for music?
- How much homework is expected at each grade level?
- What are middle school socials, and how often to they occur?
- What clubs are offered?
- What occurs during advisory?
- What occurs during study hall?
- What is the Middle School policy for phones and other technology at school?
- What are the sign in/out procedures for early departure or late arrival?
- How often to parent-advisor conferences occur?
- My middle school child often loses his items. How do you handle this?
- What is Project Period?
- What is the testing policy in the Middle School? How many tests could my child have on a given day?
- How is math placement done?
- What are effort grades and how are they assigned?
- What kind of feedback can I expect from my child’s teachers? How often should I expect to hear from them?
- What languages are offered in the Middle School?
During sixth grade, students have a chance to explore Mandarin, Spanish, and French. At the end of sixth grade, however, they must choose one language for a minimum of the next three years. This will take them up through Mandarin II, Spanish II, or French II. We divide the first year of language into two years (grades 7 and 8), so they can proceed at a pace that that is appropriate for middle school students.