LIBRARY MISSION - To guide inquiry and support free, open access to information and ideas that enrich an MVS education.
This happens through:
- SPACE : providing a welcoming library environment that supports the immersion method, through spaces where students feel safe to explore, connect, share, and reflect.
- RESOURCES : meeting the community's ever-changing information needs through developing the library collection
- TEACHING : working with classroom teachers to provide effective research instruction
- COMMUNICATING : promoting library resources and services across the community
- INSPIRING : encouraging self-driven exploration of ideas and reading for pleasure
320 boxes of books packed and moved in 2015
13,819 items in the library catalog
6,376 average number of library checkouts per year
21 formal research instruction sessions this year
8 different types of seating found throughout the library