As the campus and the programs we offer expand, we need to expand the staff that supports it. We offer a wide range of benefits, a work environment that is challenging and rewarding and the opportunity to work with the brightest students in the Miami Valley. Look below to discover what our current opportunities entail.
The Miami Valley School’s mission is to challenge young people of promise to become self-sustaining learners and compassionate global citizens. For a half-century, The Miami Valley School has provided a unique learning option for families in the Dayton, Ohio community.
In collaboration with the Head of School, the Director of Marketing and Communications will plan, direct, and implement overall strategies for all marketing and communications. As an integral member of the leadership team, the Director will promote the school, raise MVS’ visibility in the community, advance its brand, and articulate clear messaging to internal and external constituencies. The Director will be a visible presence during the school day in all divisions and at school events to document and capture images and content for regularly produced all school publications and press releases, advertising, publicity, and public relations.
- Bearing in mind the mission, history, culture, traditions, and educational philosophy of the school, lead and oversee all school communications.
- Maintain and update the school’s website, create new content and landing pages as needed.
- Lead the External Affairs Committee.
- Oversee social media platforms, monitor social media activity and update daily with content consistent with messaging strategy and brand.
- Attend leadership team and external affairs meetings, morning announcements, events, and classes to gather information and write timely articles/press releases featuring each division equally with a goal of promotion and retention.
- Produce a monthly newsletter and annual magazine.
- Ensure brand and messaging quality and consistency and establish guidelines to apply across all departments, activities, and events at the school and among professional and volunteer leadership.
- Assist the Head of School in preparing internal and external communications as needed.
- Work with the leadership team, faculty and staff to gather information to generate timely content for media invitations and press releases to local and national press.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with the press. Stay actively engaged with the Dayton community to ensure coverage and build trust.
- Oversee internal communication platforms, both digital and signage to ensure brand consistency and messaging.
- Plan, oversee and execute all digital and print campaigns for the year, with final approval from the Head of School. Track each campaign for effectiveness.
- Develop marketing and communications strategies and plans that advance the School and support increased engagement with prospective and current constituencies.
- In collaboration with the admissions team, assist in the creation of inbound marketing (newsletters, invitations, etc).
- Oversee outside work (video digital, ads, design) and ensure consistency in brand and messaging.
- Support the Development Office in marketing special events
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, current resume and three (3) writing samples to Erin O’Malley, Executive Assistant to the Head of School (email@example.com) by February 15, 2020.
For more information on the school, follow the embedded links.
Interested candidates should submit a completed MVS Employment application (see below) and a cover letter, resume, list of references, and a philosophy of education to:
For Early Childhood: Julie Patel, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Lower School: Michele Gaudet, email@example.com
For Middle School: Mike Boyer, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Upper School: Blair Munhofen, email@example.com